If you just moved to Tallahassee or you plan to relocate to the area soon, finding the right sports programs for your kids is very important. One of the best ways to help your children adjust to living in a new city is through social interaction. Here are some of the top sports programs for children found in Tallahassee.
Baseball, basketball, football, soccer and other team sports are very popular in the Tallahassee area. Many different organizations offer leagues for children of all ages including:
- i9 Sports – Baseball, T-Ball, Football, Basketball and Soccer
- Capital Region YMCA – Soccer, Cheerleading, Flag Football, Baseball, Basketball and more
- Big Bend Pop Warner – Cheer & Dance, Flag Football and more
- Levy Park Baseball – Advanced Play League for 9 to 10 years old
- City of Tallahassee Team Sports – Cheerleading, Baseball, Flag Football, Tackle Football, Softball, Track & Field, Soccer and more
- Meridian Park Baseball – Competitive baseball league for ages 11 to 14
- And More!
There are several other organizations offering plenty of leagues for those looking to play team sports.
If your children enjoy horseback riding or would like to take lessons, Tallahassee has a few great choices. Moccasin Stables on Veterans Memorial Drive is one of the top choices with Kids Jumping lessons and many other choices. Other area choices for kids horseback riding lessons include:
- Equistarre Horsemanship
- Grace Stables
- Happy Trails Ranch
- Southern Oaks Equestrian Center
- Cavallo Farms
- And More!
Tallahassee provides plenty of places for children to enjoy horseback riding.
Maybe your kids are into swimming and want to enjoy the competitive nature of swim teams. Tallahassee offers a few swim teams including:
- Maclay Northside Dolphin Swim Team
- Club Seminole Swim Team
- Area Tallahassee Aquatic Club Swim Team
- Serinas Synchronized Swimming Team
There may be other programs found at schools and country clubs, as well.
Gymnastics is a very popular sport throughout Tallahassee for kids. Mayela Rhythmic Gymnastics classes are very popular for those looking to enjoy recreational classes. Gym Force and International Gold Gymnastics also offer classes ranging from very young ages up to 17 years of age.
The Prostyle Volleyball Academy Mini Club offers clinics for children ages 6 to 13. This is one of the best choices for children looking to play travel volleyball or for their local school. Clinics are split into elementary and middle school.
Archery and Fencing
If your children enjoy archer and fencing, there are plenty of fun classes and programs offered throughout Tallahassee, Florida. The Tallahassee Archer Club provides recreational shooting and competitive events starting at age five. Those looking for fencing will want to check out the North Florida Fencing Academy, which provides classes and events year-round.
There are several great sports programs for kids found throughout Tallahassee. These are just a few of the most popular choices, along with some excellent places to find leagues, competitions and recreational classes.